• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Jupiter Animation by My Girlfriend.

Started by Daniel, Oct 10, 2009, 14:33:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, just thought I'd post this animation my girlfriend mde of Jupiter last week, been telling her she should post it as it's pretty good, this was taken on the 120ED over about an hour and a half, you can see the image dimming as it sinks lower and lower on the horizon.

Anyway, here it is!

Daniel
:O)

RobertM

Looks fantastic Daniel, that 120 is a really great scope!

Whitters

Daniel, thats really nice. What camera was she using?

Tony G

Great animation, but why she didn't want to post it, is beyond me, as this is excellent, and with a moon as well.
Tell her to keep up the good work. Love short animations like this.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

JohnP

Fantastic - detail on jupiter is amazing... Any chance you could post a larger single frame...

Whitters

What night was it taken, do you know which Jovian satellite she has captured? I guess it may be IO

Daniel

Thanks guy's, She was quite shy of posting her stuff but after your kind words she's just upped the animation to the UKAI board now.

The images were taken over about an hour and a half on the DMK21AU camera on 26/09/09, 1000 frames every 2 minutes from about half past ten onwards.

Daniel
:O)

MarkS

Excellent!!

The detail on each frame is really good and to see the moon movment as well really adds to it.

I've been meaning to do this for some time but never quite got around to it.

Mark

Fay

I love it Daniel, really good !!!!! Am I missing the red spot?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

PhilB

Quote from: Daniel on Oct 10, 2009, 14:33:34
.... been telling her she should post it as it's pretty good...

If I had something as good, I'd be over the moon!! :P
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein