• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Editing colour in channels PS CS

Started by Fay, Jan 18, 2008, 10:04:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Please does anyone know how to show the R G B images, in Channels, in colour for editing. I can only get a grayscale image unless looking at the layered RGB image.

Thanks,

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

If I understand the question correctly you will need to click on the Channels TAB?

Not sure if that the correct answer to the question though?

Fay

I have the individual R G B layers in Channels, but they look grayscale. Whereas if you look at the combined RGB, it is in colour.
How can you know edit the individual R G B channels if it is grayscale? Is there a way of converting each channel into colour for editing? 

eg. my stars are bright yellow in the combined RGB image. I need to tone it down.

Hope that is clearer

Thanks

Mac

if you goto Edit Preferences Displays and cursors, theres a little tick box to show channels in colour, :lol:

JohnP

Fay - I think Mac had set your laptop up like this before so you could see the colour channels in the respective colours & you didn't like it so I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. Normal way (or the way I do it & Don Waid) is to have your four channels L,R,G,B all in greyscae & then create a  LRGB coloured image. If you leave it layered & edit the individual greyscale channels then you can see immediate effects on the composite LRGB image.

John

Fay

Thanks Mac, that is just what I wanted know. I wondered if that was the way to do it.

Fay

Mike

The channels are supposed to be greyscale.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan