• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 2nd to 4th August - Blacklands

Started by Mike, Jul 22, 2013, 10:38:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

julian

can't make it as will be on holiday.

Julian

Mike

Another reminder of the DSC this weekend. it is early days but the forecast doesn't look too bad so far.

again, a reminder to book up on the Blacklands Farm Campsite website prior to turning up or you may not be able to get an electric hook-up.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Les R

Quote from: Mike on Jul 29, 2013, 13:15:12
Another reminder of the DSC this weekend. it is early days but the forecast doesn't look too bad so far.

again, a reminder to book up on the Blacklands Farm Campsite website prior to turning up or you may not be able to get an electric hook-up.

Mike

There were no hook ups left on Friday Mike.

http://www.campinghavens.co.uk/blacklands-availability/month.php

Mike

Yeah that's why I said on the 22nd to book up asap.

If you bring a long extension lead then you can plug into someone else's power for your scope.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Just to let you know even though it has tipped it down for a couple of nights at the weekend the ground around here is still bone dry.  The local forecast is good for Friday and the weekend as well.  But its going to be HOT!

Kylee

It was last time too....mustn't grumble though!  :)

Carole

A couple of practical queries so I know what to pack.

Are we camping at the southern end of the field again which means we're up against the trees?  I am asking so I can decide on target, and which scope and camera, and also whether we will get any shade from the trees as only bringing my little pop up tent. 

If there's no shade, are we having the event shelter?  If not I might need to consider bringing my gazebo which is currently erected in the garden.   

Carole

Les R

Coordinates for the site:

Latitude:     50 :  56  :  57.6384

Longitude:  -0  :  15  :  2.6382

(At least it is on my spot!) lol 

http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Soz if already posted.... but just found it and think it will be useful 

Mike

Carole - It's going to be a busy weekend so we will just have to go wherever there is a free spot. I would advise getting down as early as possible.

I can bring the communal shelter along as long as everyone is willing to chip in for the fee as Blacklands will charge.

Carole

I think it might be needed.  I'd be happy to chip in.

Carole

Les R

Quote from: Carole on Aug 01, 2013, 10:19:08
I think it might be needed.  I'd be happy to chip in.

Carole

But it's going to be clear skies all weekend!  :)

Lol.... Happy to chip in.......

Carole

I was thinking of shelter from the Sun Les.

Carole

Les R

Quote from: Carole on Aug 01, 2013, 12:13:13
I was thinking of shelter from the Sun Les.

Carole

Solar images will never work!  :lol: