• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 20 - 22 Feb 2015

Started by Carole, Feb 06, 2015, 08:50:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

i am going weather permitting
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Great Fay.  So that's 4 definites - weather permitting and the campsite know that. 

My weather site says Tuesday, Weds,Thurs & Sunday look good, but not Friday and Saturday, but LR forecasts change all the time.  I will arrive/stay longer depending on the weather.

Carole

Mac

Fay

Mike

It's too early yet for forecasts to be accurate.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

My trusty website that I use says clear Friday and Saturday at least up until midnight, but it has been known to be wrong on occasions.

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Ticehurst/long.html

Also concerned about all the extra rain that might have fallen on the camp terrain today.  Was it raining in Kent and Sussex?   I've just come back from Peterborough and it was a horrible journey back in the rain what with spray from lorries and difficulty seeing my wing mirrors with rain on both windows and mirrors (I took the van).

Carole

Fay

Dont know how you did it Carole!

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
Also concerned about all the extra rain that might have fallen on the camp terrain today.  Was it raining in Kent and Sussex? 

Yes - pouring down - really horrible :(

Carole

Oh gawd, so looks like it might be a car park job for the vehicles then, provided we are still going, still says clear for Saturday.

Carole

Fay

It looks like I wont be going. the car has gone into the garage as a problem. if it is the starter motor it may be ready tomorrow. if it is the battery, a new one will not be before saturday!!!!!!!! Nightmare

Carole

MarkS

Forecast is heavy rain and 40mph gusts on Friday afternoon/evening.  Daily Express has it's usual "80mph storm to batter Britain".  Windy on Saturday also - even if Saturday night is clear it is unlikely to be imaging weather.

Mark

Fay

Fay

Car wont be ready until at least, saturday, so wont be able to go. I have advised Peter by email. bit sad as we plan for so long, and it does not often come off!!

Carole

It's still saying clear up to Midnight on Saturday, but clouding over after that with a light breeze on the website I use.   

I went to Danson Park today and it was really squelchy, so I am thinking it's bound to be the same at Cairds.

Don't really feel I want to pack and go all that way and fight the mud for just a few hours, some of which will be taken up with polar alignment.

How does every-one else feel?

Carole