• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Astrophotography Challanges for November 2008

Started by Mike, Nov 08, 2008, 22:11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

...or attached below (assuming you're an O.A.S. member, and logged on)...

[attachment deleted by admin]

MarkS

Attached below?  Am I missing something?

Mike

I can't see it either Rick. Can you download it OK from my link Mark ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Rick

Oops.*1 :roll: Have another look.

*1 I forgot the permissions were controlled down to individual section and user-group level. Members of the "O.A.S." group should now see the attachment...

MarkS

Thanks, Rick, link now appears. 

Mike - your link was O.K. in any case.

Mark

Rick

...and there I was thinking it was all working fine before. Thanks for the report. ;)

Mike

RobertM

I'm looking forward to doing some of those for November now they've cleared the trees.  It's a shame you won't be doing them any more.

Fay

Mike, why are you not doing these any more?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

It's a lot of work and generally not many people participate. The idea was to try and get people to have a go at more unusual or interesting objects rather than the usual list of culprits people tend to image. If demand is high enough I will do it but so far it's been a bit dissapointing.

Fay

I do understand that, Mike. I think we would have tried, this month, but weather too bad, but there has not been much uptake over the months, usually due to the weather.

We do enjoy your large contribution, Mike, as there is a large imaging following & you have given it a larger profile, & made the meetings a lot more interesting.

Why are observing evenings going to be once every two months, now?

Fay   

Mike

The original idea behind the imaging sessions was that I would kick it off and hopefully people would take it in turns to hold it at their house from time to time, but we have done every one of them. We have a busy social life as it is so setting aside one Friday for it every month is not always easy. Holding it bi-monthly will make it easier to manage. If other people want to host it in the months inbetween then great.

Fay

Mike, I did not realise you meant the meetings at your house, I thought you meant observing evenings. I also did not realise that other people  should hold it at their homes occasionally.
It was a lot for you & Cris to do.