• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M57

Started by Rocket Pooch, Apr 11, 2011, 11:51:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hello, this was the image John was talking about me taking remotely.

M57 5x300sec LRGB each all 1x1, Meade 8" ARC @F7.5, QSI583, guided with PHD guiding and 300mm F5.6 telephoto lens.  Goto the full size image, its cool.

M57 LRGB by chrissuddell, on Flickr

Also inverse B&W Luminance.

M57 Luminance-I by chrissuddell, on Flickr

Jim

That's very very nice Chris

JohnP

Looks really cool - colours are great & amazing detail showing in the small spiral galaxy above m57. Still gobsmacked at how you got this image!!!! Love the star colours as well...

The Thing

I've just been having a look at the full size version counting the galaxies. That's a great shot Chris.

Rocket Pooch

Hi Guys,

Do you think there is a small chance our observing orrificer will put me on the presentation this month?

I tell you what that 8" ARC kicks bottom, have a look at the edges full size, only the bottom right is a little out.  Not going to sell it now!

Chris

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

I tried doing this the other night, but the high cloud was just  :!

Mac.

Tony G

Great image Chris.
Another one of your contenders for the 'Image of the Month'  ;)

Keep them coming.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Have you some tips on colour processing only mine came out rubbish!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Beautiful image Chris - an island of colour in a sea of blackness.  Interesting how the spiral galaxy shows up so much better inverted.

I agree that the ARC is definitely one to keep.  I was surprised when you wanted to sell - I was very tempted to buy it as a shorter focal length alternative to the C11. 

Mark

mickw

QuoteDo you think there is a small chance our observing orrificer will put me on the presentation this month?

Might do  :roll:

Thirsty work this looking at images malarky.
Ahem  ;)

Very nice Chris, full size is amazing
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional