• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Well, we can't be picky these days!

Started by Fay, Jul 21, 2007, 18:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I cannot go up the garden to image, until the oak branches have been trimmed, so, I have set up on the patio a couple of times.

Have to be grateful for small mercies & grab a clear patch, a good time to revise what we have learnt, & get our houses in order, so as to speak.

I got the SX out & had to think a bit about how to use it & AstroArt. Had a bad night as could not remember everything. Did a bad M27, but spend the next rainy day in the garage with everything assemblesd & revised, sent mails etc. Next night went out again & was streamlined! Did  a lot better M27 & M51, have never done a satisfactory one of these yet.

Last night just as I was going to bed, I decided it was a good enough night for practise with the Canon EOS.

Luckily I could remember how to use DSLR Focus. I did M57, M103 & attempted The Veil. I enjoyed the session, as the EOS is hassle free but I do need to learn, quickly, guiding as my subjects did need longer than 30 secs.   

Did 6 x 1 minute of M57, no trailing, before I went in, as a quickie. I could see The Veil but not nearly long enough exposures. M103, well ok, but I did think I also had Casseopeia on there as well, but could only see a couple of the stars.

Never mind, soon as that tree is trimmed, I will set up on the first good night & attempt to guide again.
Must be sure of the weather as it is such a scenario setting it all up, especially when you come back in with no results, but then, one night soon, I will come in with that first good result!!!!!

Fay   
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Fay - sounds like you are making good progress I'm sure once you have the guiding sorted you'll be posting 'masterpieces' - Fair play to you for making all the effort to drag your equipment outside all the time...

Look forward to some guided images - John

Fay

Thanks, John, let's see what tonight brings. Not expecting anything, as only the second time I will have attempted it.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!