• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

regarding Starry Night Pro

Started by Fay, Aug 12, 2010, 13:57:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Messier catalogue is not showing up on screen. The folder is in Skydata folder. Has anyone any idea how to get it showing again? Thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Just found out what the problem was. Found some old postings on the web. Quick time 7.4 messes Starry Night up. It says it has no plugins & also does not show the Messier catalogue. I had both problems. Have to delete Quicktime via Start/ programs, not Add/ remove programs, & install version 7.3, & don't let it update

mickw

So how do you actually view the measure catalogue then?

Or are you just talking about the M labels
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Fay I had problems with Quicktime and Starry Night as well and had to install an earlier version. 
But mine caused different problems.

Carole

Fay

the labels, no Messier number was shown. Also when I was reting EQMOD, it kept saying no plugin availabkle, but it was there

Mike

Have you been drinking Fay?  :-?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

No  Quicktime was THE problem!

Carole

QuoteNo  Quicktime was THE problem!
Yes, it will only work properly on an earlier version of Quicktime.  My problem was it wouldn't launch.  It would open up the launch page and then promptly close down again.  I had to contact Starry night to ask them what the problem was and they sent me a link to an earlier version of Quicktime.  Worked fine after that.

Carole

The Thing

If it's that much bother stop using it. There are plenty of alternatives.

Fay