• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DEEP SKY CAMP - MARCH 12th to 15th- BLACKLANDS FARM

Started by Mike, Feb 21, 2010, 20:41:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Not sure if I am coming yet. Have rung campervan again to say, ok, will someone be there tomorrow for a van pickup, instead of saturday. He said he does not know if he can get one ready & will ring me back, has not rung yet.

If i come, I could go to that camping place, Mike said, was at Lower Beeding & get a cable.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Thanks for the offer, Mac, but I am a bit stressed at the moment, & am on overload!

mickw

Fay is this the RDF  you're talking about -

Pulsar F'in Optical

If it is, that bent plate looks like it can be altered pretty easily, if need be, to make it fit the camera.

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Yes, Mick, the shoe would have to have a bit chopped off, no big problem.
The point is, they sent only the screws first, then a different RDF, then insist it was the same as the site, cracks me up, then said they  had sent another one on monday & have not etc etc etc

Ian

Quote from: Mike on Mar 10, 2010, 20:39:42
In that case are you in London?
Sorry Mike, yes I was, but the camera wasn't...

I'm in this evening or I might be able to get it Mark.

MarkS

Quote from: Ian
I'm in this evening or I might be able to get it Mark.

Sure - drop it round and I'll happily take it along to DSC.

Mark

MarkS

Have you noticed the price increase? 

30% !!!

Last season it was £5/person now it is £6.50/person.

Mike

:surprised:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Quote from: MarkS on Mar 11, 2010, 22:07:14

Have you noticed the price increase? 

30% !!!

Last season it was £5/person now it is £6.50/person.

But have you realised, if you DON'T go, you save 30% on last years prices............ ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Looking at the rain, I will come down early saturday

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

The scattered showers that will gradually die away this evening (according to the Met Office)

Mark

Fay

well putting that tent up in the rain, is daunting. Heavy showers this afternoon

Carole

Mike, as we are not renting a field exclusively for OAS, is there still a charge for day trippers?

Mike