• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Anyone needing the odd job doing....

Started by JonH, Aug 26, 2012, 16:00:47

Previous topic - Next topic

JonH

I'm not a member of the club yet, but will be getting the form and such in the post this week.
That said I just wanted to let you all know that thanks to my work as an engineer/machinist if any of you need parts made, modified, the odd job here and there I am happy to take a look.
Because I work in an optical facility I have daily access to and use machinery for making and inspecting parts down to micron accuracies both CNC and manually along with the use of clean rooms.
I'm also qualified in AutoCAD and can produce technical drawing in both 2D and so long as it's not too complex 3D.

Jon
Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Rick

Rather than post the form, please, if you can, bring it to a meeting. We've had too many forms go missing in the post...

...and the workshop facilities sound really interesting. ;)

JonH

Thats no problem, Carole has kindly invited me to the Star-B-Q next week despite not being a member yet so if it's possible will take care of it then.

Jon

doug

Hi Jon.

Having just read your VERY interesting post..... I have use of the Society`s Zeiss scope which had just had an erecting prism got for it, which unfortunately cannot be used as it alters the focal length of the scope.  This scope has an adaptor screwed into the end of the OTA to take the smaller Zeiss eyepieces and to use the new erecting prism, needs an adaptor which needs to be shorter.

Perhaps if you come along to one of the Observing evenings when the Zeiss is there (I bring it along) I can demonstrate the problem and perhaps...... he said hopefully..... you may be able to help.

Cheers, Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Doug you had better measure where the focal point is on the Zeizs. I suspect it may well be very far forward and therefore no adaptor will work.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JonH

That sounds like it should be simple enough, he says... Haha
Providing as Mike says the focal point isn't too far forward for any adaptor to work I should be able to make something.
I should be at the next observing evening so will bring the guessing stick in the car and take a look.

Jon

doug

Thanks Jon. Look forward to seeing ya !!
Always look on the bright side of life ...