• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M16 Eagle Nebula - Serpens Cauda 210811

Started by Fay, Aug 22, 2011, 22:09:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Ventured outside last night. Sky not that good. I could only manage 8x600 before it went into the trees, so bit noisy

8x600 QSI 583ws/SW 120, 5nm Ha, SW 120 0.85 FR.

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

looking excellent,

even the faint nebulocity is starting to show through.

Mac.

PhilB

Nice capture, Fay, especially in a "not so good" sky
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

Thanks, I thought I would have a bit more time, but what with next door's trees as well

Fay

Carole

Very nice Fay, I can't get that from my garden it's too low behind trees.

Carole

Tony G

Hire Station have got a special deal on at the moment for Chain-saws.  :twisted:

That should improve everyone's imaging of this object.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Mike

Really nice image Fay. Looks almost 3D.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

The Thing

Fay, you should be over the moon not moaning about trees being in the way! What a super image. Somehow mono does this justice.

Fay

Thanks Duncan, I was planning over double of those subs, & thought I had wasted my time with only 8!

Fay

Tony G

Lovely image Fay, and sorry for not mentioning it further up this post, due to me being flippant again. :oops:

They produced a snippet of this image on APOD on Sunday, which I thought was one of yours, as it had something to do with Hubble.  ;)

The Fairy

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

JohnP

Fay - that is really good - expertly framed & expertly processed - especially for such a relatively short exposure.

How is the QSI - is it behaving itself now?

Cheers,  John

Fay

Thanks John. Well, I have only been outside once, since it came back, it was ok. I will keep an  eye on it & if I get a black sub with 0 ADU, I will save it & show Ian King.

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

I think you did just fine there Fay, especially for a, "not so good night".

Baz.