• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Exasperated

Started by Carole, Jul 24, 2008, 00:05:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Please can some-one tell me some other capture software I can use other than K3.  I don't mind paying if it works. 

I am fed up with setting everything up only for the software not to work when I get out there.  I had trouble with the previous version I had with freezing, but with this version I can't get a box at all whatever setting I put it on.  Plus it won't view previous AVIs I have done.  It's either K3 V1 or my laptop is having a nervous breakdown.

Should I be using K3 V3 instead and is this suitable for planets and the moon, although I think I would prefer some different software altogether.

Carole

Mike

I doubt it's K3 as others use it successfully. Have youu tried a complete reinstall?

If the answer is yes, then I am afraid it is likely to be either a problem with Windows XP (presuming your not using the Microsoft disaster that is Vista) or your laptop (more likely the OS than the laptop).

Why not download V3 trial and give it a go ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

I brought the laptop to the meeting tonight and showed Mark, Mick, Jim and others and most agreed it looks like the laptop has become corrupt. 

I was thinking of changing it anyway as I was having other problems with it and so I have bought Robert's. I am pleased to say I have managed to link it up the the internet and have now downloaded K3 V3 which every-one else seems to use in the hope that K3 V1 might have been part of the problems I have been having previously.  I have installed the webcam (or it has installed itself) and all seems to be working.

Thank goodness for that as I was on the brink of jacking it all in.

Thanks for all your help every-one and Robert you had a laptop for sale just at the right moment - thanks.

N.B. I am posting from the "new" laptop right at this moment.

carole 

Mike

Quote from: Carolepope on Jul 25, 2008, 00:50:13N.B. I am posting from the "new" laptop right at this moment.

I thought so. Your typeface seems much fresher and sharper and your spelling is correct.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

QuoteI thought so. Your typeface seems much fresher and sharper and your spelling is correct.

Actually I find it more difficult to type on a laptop being a typist as the keys are closer together and I make more mistakes and have to type laboriously slowly.

Well at least I am set up for DSC, just need to familiarise myself with the K3V3 software to see if there are any differences.  It certainly has things like "darks" which I have never used before.

Carole