• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

society christmas dinner

Started by Ian, Dec 17, 2010, 11:56:23

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Parking does not seem to be an issue any more - except behind the pub which does get to be a bit tight.  The public car park is also available.

By all means a change could be looked into.

It would also be an idea to make sure everybody is reminded of the meal choices that they have made before the meal is being served.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Yes i'd like to try somewhere else. We had a great Society Dinner at The George in Hayes once. They do good food there. We didn't go back the year after simply because they were under refurbishment.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Somewhere near Tenterden might suit me better next year ;-)

doug

Mark ...... the road that leads down to the K&ES Railway station in Tenterden has a nice little pub on the corner.  Rose and I had a small nosh there and it wasn`t bad.  Cheap and cheerful, from what I can remember. Just in case your better half didn`t want to cook one day ......

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

I had a good report regarding The George at Hayes. Nice food & nicely refurbished
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Is that where you go on the way to the cinema for a nap ?
:lol:

Fay

No, I nap in the cinema       :idea:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw