• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - Fri 22nd to Mon 25th May - Change of Venue

Started by Mike, Feb 26, 2009, 17:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

I'm busy in the evening of Sat 21st but it looks like I could do the Friday.  The week before is the same but the week after looks clear at the moment.

Mike

I can't do the weekend after.

What about you Space Dog?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Mike

OK 21st/22nd March it is then for those that can make it.

Carole

Am I right in thinking this is just a one nighter?
i.e. Arrive 21st and go home 22nd.
or do you mean we stay on the 22nd as well?

Carole

Mike

Rocket Pooch

Carole

I E Mailed Woodlands to find out whether I need to book for hook up and this is the reply I got:

"Dear Carole, Thank you for your enquiry.At present we have plenty of sites with hook-up available so should not be a problem. It would be advisable to phone end of next week to see if we can open the camping field as it is very boggy at the moment and we are closed. Look forward to hearing from you, Regards Denice."

It was the "boggy bit" and the fact that the camping site might not be open at all I thought I should bring to every-ones attention.

Carole

RobertM

Is anyone going down to Woodlands for the Friday night (20th) ?

Fay

I will go Sat/Sun Robert, as car having MOT Friday. I will go early Saturday.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Quote from: RobertM on Mar 16, 2009, 10:59:34
Is anyone going down to Woodlands for the Friday night (20th) ?

Yes I will be getting down there on the Friday.

Rocket Pooch

Robert,

I'm going Friday, Saturday and maybe sunday night.

Chris

RobertM

That's good, I may go Sunday night as well if it looks clear.