• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - Fri 22nd to Mon 25th May - Change of Venue

Started by Mike, Feb 26, 2009, 17:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Due to the ongoing problems we have been having with the access at Tuesnoad, with immediate effect ALL future Deep Sky Camps will be held at Woodlands Park Campsite near Headcorn until further notice.

We will discuss tonight but I am considering two sets of Deep Sky Camps and increasing the number of them with one set at a Campsite with proper facilities and the other (Hardcore Deep Sky Camp?!) at another location, perhaps a much darker site, but with less facilities available.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Carole

QuoteWho's up for going one weekend in March?
Is this to a hardcore camp with few facilities then and if so where do you suggest?

Carole

MarkS

Rocket Pooch

Me I should be able to do Friday and Saturday, have Pikey will travel.  Infact I'll be away every month now, I found a really nice campsite in the beacons in wales which has a pub, not lights and things to do in the day as well, I'm going to give that a try.

Fay

Hardcore site......................thought we weren't going to Tuesnoad any more!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Carole - the post is about Woodlands.

OK if March is not good, how about first or second weekend in April?

Fay

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Mike, I thought Woodlands did not open until May

Fay

Mike

Actually first and second weekends in April are out as first weekend is a public observing session and second weekend is Easter.

Fay

Mike