• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tea Rota 2010

Started by Carole, Mar 10, 2010, 09:04:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I know this is boring, but it has to be done.  

Sue has now handed over the tea rota co-ordination to me.  Unfortunately the people willing to do this has dropped to a small number now, and we really need some more volunteers to share this out so the same few people don't have to keep doing it.  I am looking in particular for people who have not done it before to expand the rota.  

Beeche puts the urn on, so all you have to do is lay it all out, serve in the interval and clear up afterwards.  No washing up, the cups are disposable and the tea box will arrive ready stocked.  If you arrive early you can set out before the meeting starts, and you can clear up after the talk has finished so you don't need to miss anything except chatting to your friends during the first part of the break.  

So please can you volunteer to do this once in a while.  

Please let me know either by E mail, on the Forum or at the next meeting.

Thanks
Carole

Rick, how do I make this post a sticky?

Mike

Stick me down for one (not September)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Put me on the list - with someone who has done it before.

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark and Mike.  I'll put both of you down for April 22nd.  Let me know if this is not convenient. i.e. it is members evening, so if either of you are giving a talk, I'll shift it.  

Thanks
Carole

Fay

You can put me down with someone who knows what they are doing
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Thanks Fay.  Can I put you down for the May meeting with Delphine who has done it before.

Carole

Carole

Still could do with at least two more people to go on the Tea Rota, so those already on the list don't have to do it so frequently. 

It's not difficult (see the first post on this thread). 

Carole

Mike

I didn't do much at the last meeting as I was too busy messing around getting Hugh's presentation to work so you can put me down for another one.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole