• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M101 - Had some trouble processing this ...

Started by RobertM, May 14, 2008, 19:18:08

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Finally managed to get the rest of the exposures for this but I found processing very tricky.

http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/displayimage-462.html

Any advice gratefully received...

Fay

Robert, what can I say, you are certainly on a roll!!

Realy nice, you seem to have good skies above your house!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Yep - nice again - shame about the dust bunny though...! Any plans to add RGB to all these great images you are taking?

John

RobertM

Thanks but I think my processing is rather naff.  Still trying to understand how I still got a dust bunny after taking and calibrating with the flats ...

Once I get guiding nailed then I'll move on but till then it's mono I'm afraid.  I'm thinking there is a problem with PHD as I do get a little trailing and also there is noticable movement between subs.  I tried Guidemaster the other day, I've no images to show but it seems to keep on tracking with no discernable difference between subs.  Of course it helps being properly polar aligned, I'm close but not yet spot on.

JohnP

Hi Robert, Interesting - sounds like you have same issue as me - movement between subs - I'd be really interested if you find a solution as it's driving me crazy....

John