• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 17th to 20th August

Started by Mike, Jul 30, 2012, 10:07:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I need to decide before Sunday as I will be in Hungary from Sunday to Friday (will arrive DSC on Saturday if it is on).

If it's on I'll book for Saturday only and take a chance, then if it's clear I'll book Sunday night while I am down there (if I can).

Carole

Mike

I've told Jackie that we understand and that we will use an alternate location. I've asked her to let us know, out of season, when the corner becomes free again and we will then book it up (as long as she doesn't ask for a deposit).

In the meantime I suggest we use Blacklands or any other locations people can offer.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

so will we book Blacklands as individuals or as a group?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

I've already emailed the guy at Blacklands to tell him we would like to come down that weekend. I guess we should book individually also so he knows the numbers coming.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

thanks Mike. so who will be going?

Mike

Carole

I've already booked for Saturday.

Carole

Fay

I have just rang Blacklands & there are no hookups left. did you get hookups, or did you not ask?

Mike

Ahhhh.... He hasn't replied yet so that poses a problem.

Mike

Fay are you sure? Leon just replied with...

QuoteHi Mike,
No need to book individually, if you could just fill out a booking form and
put your approx. numbers of people, tents, and electric hookups in the
additional info box that will be great.
Best
Leon

Fay

Spoke to keith I think. Perhaps u got the last one. He said none available for that weekend

Carole

When I E Mailed him last night this is what he replied:

QuoteHi Carole,
The electric hookup is fine at that time, as it is before the Friday of the bank holiday weekend (from when all electric pitches are booked).

So don't know if that means there were one or two only left, but I made it clear to him that I was coming with the OAS group and that hook up was required.

Unless he has put all the remaining hook ups aside for our group and didn't realise you were part of it Fay.

If all else fails is it possible to share?  Certainly I won't be using my pitch until Saturday.  I also wonder if he has splitters like they have at Rother.  

Carole

Carole

Can I take a few mobile phone numbers so I can ring you guys before I leave on the Saturday as you may know whether it is possible to share and or/ I still have a pitch with hook up left.  I don't want to ring the camp as they will not know about the sharing aspect.

Could perhaps Mike and another PM me their up to date mobile number.

Thanks

Carole

Fay

Fay

Just rang Keith again, he said he is sure he will be able to sort us out, where we usually go. anyone else who goes will have to ring him