• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

FINALLY!!!! Im Up and running again!!!

Started by Daniel, Oct 13, 2010, 19:25:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi Guy's, So sorry I Haven't been around for so long, Been up to my neck in work and my mount busted (after dropping it and getting mud into the worm gear)

I've been checking in though and the images you guys have been posting have been breathtaking, really made me itch to get out again

Anyway, I finally got back up and running and work seems to have died down so i can get back to having a life again.

Managed to get out for an hour before the clouds rolled in on Sunday, didn't have much time, but was elated all the same to be out under the haze stars, again!

Anyway here's the fruits of my labour, an hour on the Pelican nebula, thought i'd do an easyer object to start with, baby steps all over again.

:O)

Carole

Nice to hear from you again Daniel, and see you imaging again, I was wondering what happened to you.  Nice pelican can we have the details please.

Carole

Fay

Nice to hear from you again Daniel!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Daniel

Thanks guy's, it's so good to be out there again, Imaging details were :-

Imaging Scope = C14 with Hyperstar III
Camera = Canon 40D (Modded)
Seeing = Moderate
Filters Used = CLS
Date Taken = 10/10/10     
Light Frames = 20x180s ISO 160
Dark Frames = 20x180s ISO 160
Bias  = 100x1/8000s ISO 160

MarkS

Daniel,

Great to hear from you again and that's a great image you've posted.  I continue to be amazed by what you can do with a Hyperstar from your light polluted location. 

I'm now using a Takahashi Epsilon 180ED F2.8 astrograph with my Canon DSLR - this purchase was inspired by seeing what you managed to produce with a DSLR and a fast scope.

Thanks!

Mark

Daniel

Hi Mark, I've been looking in on the results you've been getting with that scope, you've been getting some incredible images with it, really love the star colours you've been able to get with it.

Mac

Welcome back, nice opening image.

Yet more to add to the todo.

Mac.

RobertM

Welcome back Daniel, I'd feared the worst like you getting kidnapped on one of your holidays to remote places ;)

It's great to see some more of your unbelievable imaging from Thamesmead and I'm looking forward to the next.

Robert