• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Heart and Soul Ha with added RGB

Started by RobertM, Nov 25, 2009, 22:17:28

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

I've added RGB to the previous Ha image and this is my first stab at it.  I was expecting better data from the camera but unfortunately I forgot to put the cooling on - Doh!!!

Same equipment as before but with 8 x 300s each of RGB, the Ha was blended 80% to Red channel and 20% to Blue channel.  Any comments gratefully received.

Link to full size: http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/albums/userpics/10031/Group1-HaRGHaB-P3.jpg

Robert

MarkS

It's looking very good - I love the star colours!  The noisy RGB data does not appear to be causing any problems.

Some of the stars appear as if they are sitting on blue discs - I wonder what is causing that?

Mark

RobertM

Thanks Mark.  I hadn't noticed the blue disks but I suspect it's the way I blended the Ha and Blue data so should be correctable.  There was some flaring on the Blue channel which meant that the stars were slightly larger and I think that was the root cause.  Camera lenses are certainly not telescopes in their performance though they should be close!

As a slight aside I used a synthetically generated flat (Pixinsight LE) and a single dark (with cooling off) to compensate for the hot pixels.

JohnP

Looking very nice Robert - I was going to question the blue halos as well but you alrready have this covered... Cheers,  John

Fay

Well, Robert, saw you had a lot of good data on this one, last night, very nice
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!