• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M81, M82 Reprocess from Kelling last September

Started by Carole, Jun 19, 2012, 14:41:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I have done another reprocess on this.  I also did a High pass filter.
Uploaded from Astrobin as a PNG so I don't have to Jpeg compress.

Link to the original process from last year:
http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=7853.0

The reprocess:
Link to larger file
http://s3.amazonaws.com/astrobin_images/3544fd9d-ec52-42d3-8560-bedd782a50fd.png

Mac

why are you working with Jpg's?

You can save them as non compressed files, so you dont get any compression artefacts.

Looks good though

Mac.

Carole

Didn't think the forum would accept anything other than Jpegs.
I thought every-one had to do that to post on forums. 
Of course my originals are 16 bit Tiffs. 

QuoteYou can save them as non compressed files, so you dont get any compression artefacts.
Please explain how to do this Mac.

Thanks
Carole

Mac

Carole

I do save them as Tiffs, but I can't upload them to Forums as Tiffs.  Astrobin will accept PNG, OAS will accept Jpeg, some forums I have to reduce the size of the image as well but my originals are Tiffs and I keep the Tiffs on my PC in case I want to use them in the future.

Carole

Mike

You don't upload images to the forum, you link it to an image already online and online images can be in jpeg, gif or png formats.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

I meant upload them to the OAS Gallery.  I just tried uploading a URL from Astrobin (Png) and that failed also the png file, but it did accept another png file, so I'll give that a try in future.

Thanks

Carole

Rick

The gallery will accept tiff files up to a certain size. However, uncompressed image files from SLRs may be too large for it to handle.