• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Free 12V PSUs

Started by JonC, Jun 13, 2015, 07:56:20

Previous topic - Next topic

JonC

Just a heads up that I can get hold of some free power supplies, they get chucked in the skip at work due to being included with some computer kit we get in. Brand new, and I have permission to take them, saves the company disposal costs. Anybody want one or a couple?
They are EDAC EA10521D-120
Input 100-240V
Output 12V 4.16A
I think they are fitted with a 5.5mm OD, 2.5mm ID standard power connector, +inner (but check before connecting to anything). Cable looks like its about 2m, but you will need an IEC to UK mains (kettle type) lead.

Cheers

Jon

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JonC

How many do you want? I have 2 to hand can get more this week.

Mike

If nobody else wants any i'll have them both please. I think Kenny was looking for 12v power supplies for a mount also.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

ApophisAstros

i could do with one for the society meade 105 etx

roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Mike

Is that the same mount Kenny wanted one for Roger?

p.s. Is your Shift or Caps key broken?

Kenny

Quote from: Apophis on Jun 13, 2015, 09:46:51

roger

Didn't I already give you a recently purchased Meade psu... what happened to that?

Kenny

Quote from: Mike on Jun 13, 2015, 10:06:53

Thanks. We purchased Meade psu's a couple of months ago. We have what we need for now.

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Kenny on Jun 13, 2015, 14:26:19
Quote from: Apophis on Jun 13, 2015, 09:46:51

roger

Didn't I already give you a recently purchased Meade psu... what happened to that?
Quote from: JonC on Jun 13, 2015, 07:56:20
Just a heads up that I can get hold of some free power supplies, they get chucked in the skip at work due to being included with some computer kit we get in. Brand new, and I have permission to take them, saves the company disposal costs. Anybody want one or a couple?
They are EDAC EA10521D-120
Input 100-240V
Output 12V 4.16A
I think they are fitted with a 5.5mm OD, 2.5mm ID standard power connector, +inner (but check before connecting to anything). Cable looks like its about 2m, but you will need an IEC to UK mains (kettle type) lead.

Cheers

Jon
Quote from: Kenny on Jun 13, 2015, 14:27:54
Quote from: Mike on Jun 13, 2015, 10:06:53

sorry misread post ....... thought battery psus were being discussed!!!!!!
cant figure out why they weree getting thrown away..if they are mains psu`s????
rog
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.