• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Taskbar icons not coming up........................

Started by Fay, Apr 15, 2013, 10:11:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Fay

thats interesting Mac will look into it. i have left desktop overnight with a friend who is looking at it. see how it goes
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Mac  please can you give me that list of essentials and non essentials, that run within task manager? i have looked on forum & cant find the post, but you may have sent it to me by pm  thanks

Mac

you can turn off everything except your firewall stuff and antivirus stuff.

Fay

ok Mac i was with this chap 5 hours yesterday and he could not find the cause. he is very knowledgable, it is his hobby. anyway, got a mail that he may have a breakthrough so will go to him at 3 with fingers crossed. if not, then i will, if its ok, let you enter into it Mac, if you know what i mean.

other than that a new computer. i would want win 7 but i think few and far between. i dont want win 8!!!!!!!!

Fay

Im up and running just getting screen settings right

mickw

Did your guru friend find out what you did to break it in the first place ?  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

there were so many things gone wrong. i cant remember them all. i do know that the opening task section had become very full, whereas i only had selected items in there for months, as per Mac. everything was going wrong, errors getting thrown up everywhere. things suddenly not working.  it took a long time to sort, but sorted it is. so glad about that.