• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Guiding at last :-)

Started by Whitters, Oct 04, 2007, 00:17:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Finally the side by side plate has turned up. single 20 minute autoguided exposure. Sorry no flats or darks so it's a bit noisy. Camera MX916 ED80 used as guide scope, WO 110 imaging scope.
Part of M45.

Mike

Woohoo!! Nice round tight stars ! Well done. Look forward to seeing all those great pics you are now going to produce.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

nearly perfect now, little bit of drift bottom left top right, but hardly noticable and would adv out.

Whitters

Cheers Guys. Just want a clear sky now.  :D

Rick

JohnP

Paul, Nice image - tracking & focus looks very good - you must have everything sorted if you can do 20 mins... Like you say just need clear skies & darks & flats to take care of those dust bunnies... (or some good cleaning)..

Look forward to more again soon - John.

Ian

I like :)

BTW, where did the diffraction spikes come from?

Mike

Quote from: Ian on Oct 04, 2007, 10:23:04
...where did the diffraction spikes come from?

Good point, especiall as it's a Refractor !

Hang on.. Paul, you said a William Optics 110 !! When did you get that ?!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Good ol' e-bay
Diffraction spikes come from how the cell is held together, a bit peculier, I will have to investigate further.

Fay

Paul,

That is so nice & clear. I bet you are really pleased. There will be no getting you indoors now!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Oscar the Cat

Rocket Pooch

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr woof woof woof woof woof woof snarl woof woof

Fay

I'm getting a bit worried about you, Chris!

Fay

Mike

That's not Chris, that's Space Dog !    :roll:

Fay

Oh dear! It's catching

Fay