• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First Light from the Shelley Observatory

Started by MarkS, Sep 08, 2013, 01:19:42

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Here's first light from the observatory - the Coathanger Asterism.  Image taken earlier this week.  Only managed 10 subs before the clouds rolled in.

Modified Canon 350D on Tak Epsilon 180ED with (brand new) IDAS LP2 filter.  I think this is the best light pollution filter for my conditions.  10 x 5min subs at ISO 800.

Larger version here:
http://www.markshelley.co.uk/Astronomy/2013/coathanger.jpg

It looks like I processed this with the wrong hot pixel map because there are hot pixels remaining.  I'll do a proper process when I add in the subs I took later in the week.

Rocket Pooch

Mac

yippee,

You know that was the last chance for this year, ;)

Looking good.

Mac.

JohnP

Looking very good as usual Mark - you must be well happy getting that after all your hard work. The stars look a little 'Turquoise' to me - perhaps a little green (at least on my monitor).. Anyway excellent image.

I see that lots of thought went into the naming of the observatory - must have taken weeks to think of that... ;-)

John

RobertM

Thanks Mark !

Hopefully Mike will show that version of the Coathanger rather than that crumby embarrassing one of mine from now on :)

Robert