• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Call me Fay

Started by Rocket Pooch, Apr 06, 2011, 23:34:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Well would you beleive it, having a nightmare tonight, EQMOD out and my Astro Art guiding went all squffy.

So I have decided to learn PHD, hmmm.

PHD by chrissuddell, on Flickr

MarkS

RMS 0.09 sounds OK.  I'm getting 0.12 at this moment (on a 300mm guidescope lens). 

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Thats what I'm using, doing 15 min subs of M101 for a test.  A single L sub below....

Chris

M101001 by chrissuddell, on Flickr

RobertM

M101 looks very nice, I take it that's with the ACF ?  The guiding certainly hasn't ruined the image at all, it appears nearly perfect to me at that size.  Collimation looks good too.

I need more than five exposures to get that up here, I think I'll give up now :(

Robert

JohnP

Chris - you showing off again !!!!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Well PHD poodled along last night, did 6x15 mins L and 6x5min 2x2 RGB, just need to take some flats today.

I can't handle this staying up till 3am though  :o

Rocket Pooch

Robert,

I have the classic adaptor to adaptor to adaptor issue and the camera is not quite perfect square on the scope, its close thought.  The image was with the acf at f7.5 I think, large ccd cameras and galaxies are not a good mix :-(

PHD is odd, you can hardly see any stars on screen, but it seemed to work, also I used ascom pulse guiding, no guide cable :), I upped the guide rate to .5 as well, the first calibration came up with a calibration error in dec, I guessed correctly phd is like maxim and needs to be able to move the stars enough to calibrate.

Anyway, all good fun.

Chris

Fay

I was guiding on a non existent star with PHD, last night, I took ages trying to get one to show up on screen, not sure why there were not any.

I am not dressed yet, takes a while to recover. Had a few scenarios, but would not be able to get as good as yours Chris..........knit one purl one     :squirrel:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Next doors tree is smack in the middle of coma etc etc.....they have sold the house to Greeks, do they like trees?   :twisted:

Rocket Pooch

Fay,

I had loads of issues focusing last night, my laptop hard drive is on the way out, so things kept going wrong, grrrrr, also AstroArt is corrupt HDD failure again.  Real shame because I lost about 2 hours before getting everything working, just. 

Hopefully the laptop will last till the weekend!  Then I'll pop a new hard drive in it and load Windows 7, Nebulocity and PHD, Ultra VNC etc, or matbe I should just use the little netbook.

Oh well.

Chris

P.S. I'll get the focus aid from you maybe today if your about.

Fay

Just ring me Chris, when it will be, I am in today

Mac

Quotethey have sold the house to Greeks, do they like trees?

Yup, expect a huge forest of olive trees in the near future. ;)

Mac

Ian

Expect whole lamb barbeques on the lawn and large family gatherings. Have you not seen big fat greek wedding?