• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Evening 15th

Started by mickw, Nov 13, 2011, 12:25:58

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Just a reminder  :)

Change of Horses 7:15 ish

Weather forecast says it will be cloudy or clear - nothing new there then  :roll:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

PhilB

Forecast for here says that it should be clear until midnight - shame I can't be there :(
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

what forecast is that Phil.I have assessed the many different forecasts & decided.........cloudy, 95% humidity & mist
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Looks like it will be mainly cloudy with perhaps some gaps in the cloud. But mainly just cold.

Looks like a beer and chat night to me.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Mac

QuoteLooks like a beer and chat night to me.

No change there then.

Carole

Nice chatty evening, and nice to meet Ivor and also Nigel who is apparently joining OAS in the new year.

Carole

mickw

Doh  :oops:

Doh  :oops:

Doug 'n Mike

"Dance the Night Away"
Was indeed played by the Mavericks - Great tune, still can't remember where it's from though  :-?
Was indeed played by Van Halen - Another great tune featured in the "Mission to Mars" with Tim Robbins etc.

Ivor

Yep it was good to put some names to faces, now all I've got to do is make sure I remember the right names to the correct faces :)

Carole thanks for the help with curves I'm revisiting some of my old images now to see if I can get more data out. I'll also try and workout why the panel I was using in CS4 doesn't do the same as that under Ctrl-M.

mickw

QuoteI'm revisiting some of my old images now

Er shouldn't you be working ?   ;)

Ian

Quote from: Ivor on Nov 16, 2011, 09:51:05
Yep it was good to put some names to faces, now all I've got to do is make sure I remember the right names to the correct faces :)

Carole thanks for the help with curves I'm revisiting some of my old images now to see if I can get more data out. I'll also try and workout why the panel I was using in CS4 doesn't do the same as that under Ctrl-M.

I'm not convinced any of us have correct faces.

Fay

I returned to the C of H as I lost an earring, had goe past the lights up the road.

Found it on the ground outside!!!!

Mac

QuoteI returned to the C of H as I lost an earring

what was you doing to loose an earring.

Mac.

Fay

i was laughing about something

PhilB

what forecast is that Phil.I have assessed the many different forecasts & decided.........cloudy, 95% humidity & mist

Yup, that appears to be what most forecasters mean when they say, "clear". Appart from that, it' seems that I missed a good night :cry:
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein