• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session in November - NOT at Mike's

Started by Carole, Sep 15, 2009, 13:30:58

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Ok, that's a provisional 27th Nov at my place in Orpington.

Rick

RobertM

I propose to use part of the evening as a practical imaging session if the weather is ok and processing session if not.  Also if anyone else wants to talk about some aspect of imaging then I'd be very grateful.

You're welcome to bring any kit with you as I have two patio areas that will take several setups.  The further patio has a nice heated garden office next to it with power and I also have a spare leisure battery.  The rest of the evening will be free format like at Mike's.

doug

Are potential or possible future imagers allowed as well, or is the session for existing imagers??  Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Ian

Don't know about that Doug, but we do try to discourage people who have a habit of breaking galleries and stuff...

;)  :cheesy:

Mike

Any OAS member is welcome at an Imaging Session regardless of whether you image or not. The whole purpose is for the imagers to learn from each other and the non-imagers that are simply curious to watch what goes on and learn how it's done.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Simon E

Ok to bring my scope then, as well as laptop, and all the bits, ie: a car load, but not as much as carole brings.  ;)

Carole you can use me laptop again if u like ;)

simon
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Simon E

Quote from: RobertM on Oct 06, 2009, 08:35:39
I propose to use part of the evening as a practical imaging session if the weather is ok and processing session if not.  Also if anyone else wants to talk about some aspect of imaging then I'd be very grateful.

You're welcome to bring any kit with you as I have two patio areas that will take several setups.  The further patio has a nice heated garden office next to it with power and I also have a spare leisure battery.  The rest of the evening will be free format like at Mike's.

Do we get hot sausage rolls and fireworks..... ;) I never did get a sausage roll at Mike's

simon
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

RobertM

The trick with the sausage rolls is to get in quick when you smell the first whiff of savoury pastry.  If you have a cold then you stand no chance  ;)

Scope, laptop and all the bits are welcome.  Just be aware I don't want to be tripping over discarded CCD cameras and beer cans in the morning so make sure you clear up the mess before you go.

Carole

QuoteCarole you can use me laptop again if u like

Thanks Simon, I've got myself a shutter cable now, and a NEW laptop!!! every-one will be relieved to hear.  Although I apologise to those who have spent a lot of time trying to fix up my previous set up. 

I gave up trying to get the CCD camera to work on my previous laptop.  Still don't know if it was the camera or laptop at fault, but something had to be done, and as I didn't have much space on the laptop, decided I would replace that.

Not had time to download the imaging software yet as I only received it today and it has taken me a fair bit if time to set it up and install the anti-virus/antispyware etc stuff. 

So thanks Simon, but hopefully I will have set myself up sufficently to be able to use my own next time.   

Yes, it's like moving house all the kit that has to be brought for imaging, and that's without doing guiding!!!

Quotepractical imaging session if the weather is ok and processing session if not.
that would be great thanks Robert, learning how to improve images would be a great topic.

Carole

Simon E

Hi carole, I will be happy to go halves with you on the film, if you are still getting it, my laptop measures 29x22cms.

Sorry guys not answering many emails at the mo and not been to any of the events, My mum died on the 18th, so been off work for a week and only starting to get a life going again.

si

Fay

Oh that is sad Simon. Hope you soon get back to normal
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Sorry to hear that Simon, I was wondering where you were both at the meeting and on the Forum.

I'll be in touch about the plexi glass as soon as I have heard from another place Mick told me about with a quote, who cut to size.

Carole