• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tuesday's meet

Started by Rocket Pooch, Mar 15, 2004, 08:33:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I'd like to give the meade back to someone is anyone going i.e. Greg, Mike, Geof, Ian or Paul?

See you in the pub if you are.

Ian

I hope to be there, but if not I'll give you a call.

Rocket Pooch

Ok, I'll bring the mount along as well.

Will the skies evey clear?

Mike

Chris,

I look after it so I'll take it off your hands at the pub. Hopefully the sky will be clear enough to use it !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Well the Obs Session was a good one. For the first time in months we actually went to the field. There were 11 people and 3 scopes were set-up and several pairs of binoculars were passed around, including my monsters that got a proper test (of muscles to hold them).

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

...and I hope I've now re-connected the two parts of my RA slow motion handle so that next time I can steer the scope half-way passably...

The thin high cloud made for rather fuzzy views, but at least something was visible.

Greg

Ignore my prevoius comment in the forum. It was obviously a late start to the evening' s event. Glad to see you enjoyed yourselves!!

Mike

Greg, who didn't you ring one of us on the mobile to see if we were still at the pub?