• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Webcam not working

Started by Fay, Jan 27, 2008, 18:31:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I have Mars in my sights, clear sky & I noticed that the fan on the webcam has not come on.
I have had a look in the back & the red cable coming from the fan, well, the red side is connected but the black is not. Has it come adrift or is it supposed to be adrift? There is a lot of soldering in there.
If the fan does not work, does that stop the camera working altogether?

I will probably have to send it to Astronomiser tomorrow.

Fay 
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Definitely sounds like a wire has broken off.  My guess is that it would not prevent the webcam working - but it would make the cooling less effective.

I had a look at Mars earlier.  The seeing is absolutely appalling tonight - I saw no detail whatsoever - the whole planet was shimmering badly  :(

Fay

Yes I did have a look through the telescope & although clear, it was very bad seeing.

JohnP

Fay - I agree with Mark - Fan shouldn't stop webcam working just won't be as effectively cooled(more hot pixels/ noise etc.) Give Andy a call I'm sure he will sort it for you.

john

Fay

I rang Andy & he said, if the fan stopped, it breaks a connection so webcam would not work.