• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Eyepiece Screws

Started by Daniel, Jan 26, 2008, 16:32:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi Everyone, I've been getting varying results over the last few nights imaging M42 (starting with the easyer stuff first) tried prime focus with a barlow and found the results dissapointing, then switched to eyepiece projection and got a much better result, but the brace im using to do this is a bit hokey.

Anyway, today i've nearly sorted my prime focus issues which should mean i don't have to use a barlow any more, my last hurdle is to fit a filter on this (right now i just have my t-ring straight connected to the 1.25 adapter) unfortunately there's now nowhere to fit the filter and i have worked out i can do this by placing an eyepiece adapter inside the barrel of the scope, my only problem is that the screws which hold it in also have to be nested inside the 2" barrel, right now the screws are a little too long to fit, my question is, does anyone know where i can get any more of these eyepiece screws and preferably find some slightly shorter ones?

Oh, or does anyone know of a more eloquent way of doing this?

Daniel
:O)