• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

An image I've been meaning to post for a while

Started by Daniel, Apr 13, 2008, 23:27:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, I've been meaning to upload this M42 (yes, yet another) for some time now and haven't got round to it, this one has a little bit of running man in it too, I think i may have overprocessed it a little, but this was something I did a while back unguided 30s exposure on iso 1600.

Anyway, this is my second to last M42 posting I promiss (I'll have to post a guided one at some point)

Daniel
:O)

MarkS

Daniel,

You must be pretty pleased with that one!  It's very sharp, the colours are beautiful and it's been processed to give a very pleasing look.  Well done!

Mark

Fay

Lovely image Daniel, and only 1x30 second image. I have yet to get a good one of M42
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Yep - that's a nice image Daniel - you have done well in the processing to hold core back from burning out...

Looking forward to seeing some guided images soon..

John

Rocket Pooch

Mike

Very nice Daniel. The background is perhaps too dark for my liking (skies are not naturally black) but the detail is excellent.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Daniel

Hmmm, yes i've been thinking about that myself, I Originally processed it as a background for my laptop, but I think i might re-process it, I'd probably be able to see a bit more of running man if I did too :)

Whitters

Very nice, I would be interested to see if you could tweek out more of the nebulosity you have caught around the open clusters NGC 1973/75/77.