• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Image going small in PS

Started by Fay, May 12, 2012, 19:15:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

i have been trying to stack an image i took with the Atik. it and all its subs,  is the correct size until i open in Photoshop & then it goes to around half size. has anyone any ideas please?

Thanks
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

check the zoom level in photoshop.
it might be that the image is zoomed out, thus making it small.

Mac.

Fay

I think there is something wrong with the PS on the Toshiba. I stacked etc on the desktop & it was ok. i did it a few times, all settings seem the same.

Thanks Mac

Mac

if the image was ok in one package, it should be ok in photoshop,

photoshop will only display the original image, just check that it hasnt set the size of the image to something silly like 1000dpi,

which would reduce its apparent image size in photoshop.

If you check the size of the image, it will say something along the lines of

1024 * 768 * 72dpi, which would give you a 12*10 image,
if its 1024 * 768 *1024, you will get a 1" *.75" image,

all the data is still there, just that photoshop will show the image very small, and you will have to zoom in to get he same
sized image as the other packge.

Mac.

cant remember exactly where the setting are as im at work and cant get to a photoshop at the mo.

Fay

yes, when opened in PS it always displays at the size the camera takes. i have had a problem a couple of times before & thought that somehow I had clicked on the wrong settings in Astroart, but am now wondering if the size change happened in PS. I will have to remember what images I had this problem wit & sort out the subs, but i am good at deleting files once I have used them!!!!!