• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Revive Dead LCD Pixels?

Started by Mike, Mar 16, 2009, 23:21:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

This program claims to be able to fix dead pixels on LCD screens. Maybe someone can give it a try :-

http://www.jscreenfix.com/
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

my screen doesn't have any, at least as far as I can tell.

However, that sounds alot like quackery to me... The word resonance is a bit out of place.

I'd like to know if it works too.

Mike

Anyone tried this?

Personally I find on an LCD screen if I get a 'hot' pixel, if you get an object with a pointed (but rounded off) end and gently press it where the hot pixel is a few times (till you see the liquid inside moving around) it can revive the hot pixel. This has worked every time for me.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

if it doesn't revive I suppose you could get some paint in your favourite colour, paint the head of the nail with it and bash it into the screen where the dead pixel is. job done.