• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Horse Head Nebula Test Image

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 17, 2005, 11:03:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I was waiting for Mars to get up nice and high (which it did at 4:15 am) with the LX90, so I thought I'd have a go at guiding using the LX90 as the guide scope and taking some images through the 80F5 (now not as good optically as I thought it was, the ED80 spoils you).  Anyway here is the result after playing about a bit with the cables.  If i can find the K3CCD Drift Explorer logs I'll post the PE, but from the real time graph it was, wait for it, +- 6 Arc Seconds (or at least thats what I think the graph mens).

Anyway 4x5 minute sub, not drift at all guided in RA&DEC using K3CCD3 Tools and a vesta web cam, the guide star was MAG2 (cheating a bit).

Oops forgot to say Ha image and at 1300x1030 resolution, if you want to look at the RAWS or a Bit image let me know.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan