• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cloudy Moon

Started by Kenny, Mar 31, 2015, 20:50:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Suffering withdrawal symptoms not having done any imaging since the solar eclipse on 20th March so nipped out and grabbed this between the clouds. Canon 450D at 200mm, f/8.0, 1/1250th sec, ISO-400. Minor adjustment to histogram, curve and cropped in Photoshop CS2. Looks a little grainy, I think because combination of the max zoom and the image being cropped to actual size rather than resized.

RobertM

Considering, that's a very well focused picture.  A stack of 10 would have reduced the noise a lot.  Was that with the 70-200mm the stock zoom lens ?

Robert

Kenny

Actually, I have a stack of 10 lights and 10 darks (cloud absent) but haven't figured out which app to stack them with (DSS doesn't like the lack of stars).

It's my Sigma DC 18-200mm lens. I processed the JPG. Having a look at RAW now.

Carole

Registax should do it Kenny.

Carole

Kenny

Another shot of the Moon this evening at dusk (avoiding the clouds this time).

Canon 450D. This time 9 shots (10th shot cloudy so dropped) at 200mm, f/8.0, 1/1250th sec, ISO-400. Blended with dark frames, aligned, centred and cropped in Planetary Image Pre-Processor. Stacked in Registax. Histogram, curve and further cropping in Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Possibly one of my best DSLR captures of the Moon since I started imaging in December. :)