• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Last of my three images.... Crescent - Bromley 180812

Started by JohnP, Aug 22, 2012, 18:26:10

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

OK - this is the last image I acquired in my two nights of imaging over the weekend. This was actually captured first on Saturday night before the Heart Nebula. Technical details are as follows:

Atik 314L+ on ED80
Baader 7nm Ha
14 X 10mins
No flats, bias or darks.

I have also shown below a single raw from my Atik 16ic that I took last year to show you the FOV I now get with the new camera :-) Both images are 100% full size.. I just love my new Mpixel camera...

Thks for looking,  John.

Single sub from Atik 16ic...

Fay

Cant believe what you have got!!!!! really a great trio, John. would not get much better at Blacklands
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Thks Fay - Must admit that 7nm Baader in combo with the Atik 314L+ seems to work really well - must admit I was quite pleased with the three images myself.

Thks again,  John.

Ps - the big problem of course from Bromley is RGB...

MarkS

John,

Fantastic image.  Can hardly believe it's just over 2 hours of integration time!

The chip is that camera is almost unbeatable - very high sensitivity and very low noise.  Combined with your (very) narrowband filter you're going to continue to get some H-alpha stunners - even from Bromley.

If only Sony would see sense and build a multi-megapixel large chip version  :cry:

Mark