• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M27 with a collimated vixen VC200L, Ha, O3 & S2

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jul 16, 2006, 22:29:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

My web site is down but I did an M27 last night and although its not great considering the kit I have its a nice start.

http://tinyurl.com/fn4n4

I'll do some noise reduction on it next week.

Chris

Anonymous

Quote from: "csuddell"....its not great considering the kit I have.....

Are you having a laugh !! That's a superb image. Loads of detail and great colour balance. IS that the full sized image? If not can you post a link to that?

Mike

Oh that was me by the way - forgot to log in.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi Mike,

Its a long story, but considering the fact that was only about one hours imaging I should not go too hard on myself, the image is too small because its on the Yahoo photo's site, I don;t have any web space at the moment but that image is about half its actual size.

I can definately do a lot better with the vixen now I have it nearly all sorted out and collimated etc, but that will require some time.

Also that image had no flats, bias or flat darks taken away and the SII subs we're rubbish, but I suppose you learn these things.  So again it could be better.

I'll dig out the actual image and get it up here as soon as I can.

Chris

JohnP

Chris - Looks pretty amazing to me as well... It's great seeing what imaging at different wavelengths reveals. If you want to email me the full size I can throw it on my web server with a link if you want.....

Cheers, John

PS - In fact you've already emailed it to me - do you want me to post it for you....?

JohnP

Here is Chris's M27 in it's full glory.... Pretty impressive me thinks....

Mike

Very nice indeed. Loads of detail, including a hint at the outer Hydrogen shell.

I have this one on my "To Do" list for doing a very deep exposure, i.e. about 6 or 7 hours of it to bring out the outer shell which is usually invisible unless you go extra deep, e.g. take a look at this 10 hour exposure done by one of the guys on the UKAI - http://ukastroimaging.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19573.0;id=9404;image
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

That image does need some work, I can remove the Bias and a standard flat I have and it will then help me get all the detail out of it.  That was an out of the box stack as such.

I was going to do a 6 hour on it this weekend but it would have needed three clear nights and we only got one and a bit do hence the lack of signal.  But you never know I might get another go at it later this year, maybe even at prime?

Fay

That is a very impressive image, Chris, very clear.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!