• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Solar Eclipse April 2005 Tour

Started by Whitters, Jun 05, 2004, 07:07:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

E-mail received from Cape Tour Charters. If anyone is interested I can forward you the itineraries.

Dear Paul,

Our company, Cape Tour Charters, arranged the successful expedition to Antarctica for the total solar eclipse in November 2003.  Only 65 eclipse chasers from around the globe, who embarked on this expedition, are able to include themselves in the estimated 300 people who were privileged enough to witness the eclipse from mainland Antarctica.

On the 08th April 2005 there will be a hybrid eclipse, with the point of greatest eclipse being in the South Pacific Ocean, north of Pitcairn Island and some 1100 kilometers from the Galapagos Islands.  Together with our US partner, Astronomical Tours, we have put together 2 unique programs from Tahiti & Galapagos, to view this spectacular phenomenon.

We would like to offer you, and your members at the Orpington Astronomical Society, the opportunity to participate in one of our programs.  If you feel that your members would be interested in our programs we would be delighted for you to add these programs to your newsletter or webpage. I have attached herewith the two itineraries giving a brief outline of the programs.  Further information & pricing can be viewed on our partner's website, http://www.astronomicaltours.net <http://www.astronomicaltours.net/>   I also take this opportunity to draw your attention to the early booking discount of 15% being offered on the Tahiti program, for bookings secured before 30th June 2004.

If you have any questions or would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or my colleague, Margo Johnston, on the following e-mail addresses:

Margo Johnston – margoj@capetourcharters.com <mailto:margoj@capetourcharters.com>

Ilka Poll – ilka@capetourcharters.com <mailto:ilka@capetourcharters.com>

Yours sincerely,

Ilka Poll & Margo Johnston

From the desk of
CTC Southern Africa
P.O. Box 30317, Tokai 7966, Cape Town
Tokai Village, Vans Road, Tokai 7945, Cape Town
Tel: + 27 (0)21 713 0722
Fax: + 27 (0)21 713 0724
Email: ilka@capetourcharters.com

Rocket Pooch

I don't know if your interested but I work in the travel industry and could do some fishing around for some options?