• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Session - 2nd July

Started by Mike, Jul 03, 2008, 06:38:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Well last nights observing session was very well attended last night and despite the sky looking like it might be a bit dodgy earlier on it completely cleared up and we didn't leave the field till 00:20. Looks like we might potentially have 2 new members from it too :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Great, I could see the skies were clear but unfortunately couldn't do anything last night as my husband has just come out of hospital after an operation and I am looking after him.

Did Newbie Astronomy Nick come?

Carole

doug

Yeah, it was an excellent evening and nice to meet and chat with Newbie Nick (he`s a clever chap and I`m sure he knows more than he is letting on).  Good to see you, mate and the other new chaps.  By the way, a special thanks to our Carer who looked after us.. Hope to see you all in  a fortnight`s time at the BEECHE Meeting. 8)
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Quote from: doug on Jul 03, 2008, 11:34:52....a special thanks to our Carer who looked after us.....

That's quite alright. For once you behaved yourself and we didn't have a repeat of the embarassing ferret and vacuum cleaner incident. The lollipop lady is still traumatised and says it will take months to get the prawns out of the carpet.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

:o
we didn't have a repeat of the embarassing ferret and vacuum cleaner incident. The lollipop lady is still traumatised and says it will take months to get the prawns out of the carpet.
would some-one like to elaborate?

Carole

Mike

I'm sorry but we are legally bound to not discuss the matter pending the court case.