• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Phillips Webcam Mods

Started by The Thing, Apr 25, 2009, 18:24:32

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

I was afraid you'd say VLounge worked ok !  I think there must be a problem with either my ICX098BL or the way I've done it though I have checked and there are no shorts.  All I get is a light grey screen - the ccd doesn't seem to respond to light but all the controls work !

I'm not going any further than replacing the ccd as all I need it for is planetary.

I'm sure you'll get it to work, there is plenty of disjointed information around to refer to.   If I trip over anything useful I'll forward it on.

Thanks
Robert

Ian

Robert, check to make sure that the frame transfer pulse is getting through to pin 8 and 13 on the 16510. Ideally a oscilloscope is the tool, but if you can control the serial port lines directly from software the signal won't be transient and multimeter should see it.

The Thing

Hi Robert,

While you have Vlounge or another capture app open try WcRmac and load the BW RAW macro onto the camera, then use WcCtrl to restore Factory Setting and Load User Setting. It will kick start the camera hardware. I do this before every session to make sure I am using RAW BW mode as it produces a smoother image.

http://www.astrosurf.com/astrobond/ebrawe.htm

http://www.burri-web.org/bm98/index.htm

JohnP

I have an oscilloscope if you want to borrow..

RobertM

John, you're a star !!!

Let me know where/when to pick it up.

Many thanks
Robert

JohnP

I can drop it around 2night if you wish - I want to drop Mike's fishing gear back around to him that he lent me.... let me know what time... It's a bit basic but should do the job....

John

Mike

Won't a Logic Analyser be better?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Thanks John.  I will be in from just after 5 till 6:45pm tonight otherwise tomorrow after 5:30pm would be fine to.

Mike a logic analyser may be better but an oscilloscope would be more flexible and I'm more used to using them.

It would be a nice little project to build one - one day maybe !

JohnP

Sorry mate it'll have to be tomorrow - only just seen your msg & its 6.45pm....

Mike - Is fishing gear OK for tomorrow as well?

John

RobertM

No problem, see you tomorrow.