• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC - 1st to 3rd Nov - Blacklands

Started by Mike, Oct 03, 2013, 10:06:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: MarkS on Oct 03, 2013, 21:59:30
Stairs Farm wasn't all bad - it's where we created "The Thing".  So I'm told anyway - I don't remember much - except being shouted at by the artistic director because I was too drunk to operate the camera shutter properly!

Yer, I don't actually think you remember a lot about that one, it was that bad and that why you hit the French stuff.

My fav was the illuminated church and the low flying aircraft to Gatwick, the mud was bad, well for Mac anyway (next 4x4 he gets will be a proper one :-) ).  Tony almost died of hypothermia, we have the three families in he caravans there, my mount sank into the tarmac.  I remember laptops freezing solid as well.  Lots of mud.

Err anyone, what have I forgotten?

MarkS

Quote from: Ivor
Weather forecast isn't looking too good now; to be expected really as I had a full weekend pass :(

Cold, very wet and windy.  Is it worth bothering?

Mac

QuoteErr anyone, what have I forgotten
The demolition of your carpets, and that very bizarre light show from the small tent at the end ;)

Ps, next time I'll get the correct tyres. :!

Mac.

Tony G

Quote from: Mac on Oct 31, 2013, 04:44:01
The demolition of your carpets

:oops:

Quote from: Mac on Oct 31, 2013, 04:44:01
that very bizarre light show from the small tent at the end

:oops:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Tony getting an overnight uneven suntan

Wrapped in a duvet during the day, in Chris's Pikey, discussing films for 3 hours!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Frozen mole hills
1/2" frost on the guy ropes
Gas bottles sinking in the mud

A quote from a 2010 post -

QuoteOn a positive note, it's near Pooh bridge 
Which seems rather appropriate considering what a sh#t hole it was 

:lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
Frozen mole hills

I remember them!  You trip over one "lump of concrete" and get impaled on the next "lump of concrete"!

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Quote from: Ivor on Oct 30, 2013, 19:30:24
Weather forecast isn't looking too good now; to be expected really as I had a full weekend pass :(

Yeah it's looking pretty dire. Unlikely I will be going unless the forecast changes dramatically over the next 24 hours.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

Quote from: Mike on Oct 31, 2013, 13:47:15
Quote from: Ivor on Oct 30, 2013, 19:30:24

Yeah it's looking pretty dire. Unlikely I will be going unless the forecast changes dramatically over the next 24 hours.

Mike
Likewise.

Duncan

julian

Ok due to the weather my wife has said I cannot go to the deep sky camp so I am staying at home.

RobertM

Quote from: julian on Oct 31, 2013, 17:40:11
Ok due to the weather my wife has said I cannot go to the deep sky camp so I am staying at home.

Any excuse :roll:

My wife said the same :(