• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Re: Deep Sky Camp - July 27th to 30th

Started by MarkS, Jul 23, 2012, 08:19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Hope you had a good night. it was clear here except for the moon. decide not to go outside as I have had 4 very late nights in a row. 
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

still not too good. i did take painkillers last night to get some sleep, and I think it is a bit better today. although I said that before & I went into remission    :(

Mike

We did have a good night Fay. It was clear all nght and got better the later it was. Some of us were doing imaging and others visual. We had some great views through Duncan's and Mark's scopes of the Witches Broom and M27. Later on we looked at Jupiter and its 4 moons rising over the eastern horizon. Then Julian cooked some hot dogs which we were eating at about 3am. Everyone packed up and retired to bed shortly after that.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Glad you had a good night. i knew you would, as I was the sacrificial lamb!!!!!! :lol:

Carole

Quotewe were eating at about 3am. Everyone packed up and retired to bed shortly after that.
But I had set the alarm and got up again, (bummer I missed the hotdogs), and finally got to bed at 4.15 - getting off to sleep was more problematic and I had to put my earplugs in due to stereo snoring.   :cheesy:

Looks like we packed up and left in the nick of time with the rain today.  So looks like my YR.NO website was pretty much accurate.  

QuoteI don't know why you keep thinking it's boggy all the time here
I suppose it's recollections of Mick getting stuck in the mud in the past that makes me think that.  There has been a lot more rain than sunshine in recent weeks.

Had a great time though, nice to see Mark and Julian who I've not seen for a while and every-one else of course and I finally got to try out the yummy weird French stuff, my obsy still smelt of it this morning.

A great DSC.

Carole