• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mick Welham - Very Sad News

Started by Tony G, Feb 07, 2015, 10:31:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Really sorry and shocked to hear this, Mick was a real gentleman and always made me feel welcome with a wry remark or two!  Here's to you mate, I'll have a whiskey or two for you. RIP

Tony G

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know Mick's funeral has been arranged and will take place at The Eastbourne Crematorium, Hide Hollow, Eastbourne. BN23 8AE at 1.00pm on Thursday 12th March 2015
There will be refreshments after at The Friday Street Farm, 15 Friday Street, Eastbourne. BN23 8AP and relatives have asked to find out the number to cater for, and so if you can please PM me I will inform Mick's family with an approximate figure.
They have also said that flowers are a personal choice but they would suggest a donation to The British Heart Foundation.
Please let me know if you require any further information.

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

Thanks for letting us know Tony.  Unfortunately I go on holiday on that very day, so will be unable to attend.

Carole

Rose

Thanks for the information, Tony. Rose and I will try and be there to say our goodbyes. By the way, I am having to use Rose`s laptop as mine has gone phut.

Doug and Rose.
Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.
From the Navajo.

Mike

Tony I will be there. Petra doesn't know yet as it depends on her work sheddule.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Thanks everyone on here and Facebook for letting me know. I will let Mick's relatives know the numbers and hopefully see you there.
We'll have a pint on him that day while he watches us.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson