• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC - 1st to 3rd Nov - Blacklands

Started by Mike, Oct 03, 2013, 10:06:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

There is an unofficial Deep Sky Camp from the 1st to 3rd November. This will be held at Blacklands (Rother Valley is closed).

If you need more details let me know.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
This will be held at Blacklands (Rother Valley is closed).

That's a shame - November at Rother was always possible previously.

Mike

They said "Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate you all on the 1st to 3rd of November, as we are on annual leave."

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Fair enough.

I should be able to make Friday night but Saturday night is unlikely.

Rocket Pooch

Remember that campsite at new romney marsh said he would open for us and turn the lights off, and its really dark there.....

Mike

That's not the one with the big orange streetlight in the centre is it?

Rocket Pooch

Yes, the light he said he would have turned off if we asked him to, and its near Mick

mickw

Norwood Farm ?

I think that's where the failed Dymchurch star party was going to be but clashed with Kelling
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
That's not the one with the big orange streetlight in the centre is it?

Romney Farm I think:
http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=4435.msg23710#msg23710

Not Norwood Farm

Mike

OK well we can keep that in mind for the next one as I've already booked us in to Blacklands with Leon.

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
Norwood Farm ?
I think that's where the failed Dymchurch star party was going to be but clashed with Kelling

Oh yes, the clash with Kelling, that's why it didn't get off the ground.

However, Sixpenny Handley clashes with Kelling this weekend and it is successful, I think.

mickw

Quote from: MarkS on Oct 03, 2013, 15:56:37
Quote from: mickw
Norwood Farm ?

Oh yes, the clash with Kelling, that's why it didn't get off the ground.

However, Sixpenny Handley clashes with Kelling this weekend and it is successful, I think.

Probably because it was a new and untried venue, shame
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

Quote from: mickw on Oct 03, 2013, 16:32:37
Probably because it was a new and untried venue, shame

What like Stair Farm. :!

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Stairs Farm wasn't all bad - it's where we created "The Thing".  So I'm told anyway - I don't remember much - except being shouted at by the artistic director because I was too drunk to operate the camera shutter properly!

Ivor

Weather forecast isn't looking too good now; to be expected really as I had a full weekend pass :(