• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Camp site

Started by Malcolm Pullan, May 26, 2006, 01:11:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Pullan

The campsite I was talking to Paul and Mike about on Thursday night is called Horam Manor Touring Park Near Heathfield. Postal code TN21OYD
O.S. grid ref TQ577169.  The telephone no. is 01435 813662  It is just off the A267 South of heathfield.  I found a review here:-
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=1568
I stayed here on two successive years with the kids and it was good, clean and well appointed.  Much too cushy for hardened DSC people.
Herstmonceux is just down the road about 8 miles away.  It probably is rather well lit and unsuitable for serious observing.
Although it is short notice I will phone the camp site early Friday AM to check pitch availability, then attempt to pass the info on to others by phone via Chris Suddell.  I am on jury service so rather out of contact.  I will email Paul and Mike with a mobile number and hope to be texted with any decisions people have made.

Mike

OK so is anyone going to this camp site and if so when ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

If it's on I'll come allong Saturday

malcolm

I phoned up this morning and they are fully booked.  Sorry for the red herring.

Anonymous

No worries Malc, thanks for asking