• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

High Elms Open Day - Sun. 31st August + evening observing session.

Started by Sue, Aug 27, 2008, 09:39:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue

High Elms Open Day - Sun. 31st August 
There will be an Open Day at the BEECHE (Nature Centre) at High Elms on Sunday 31st August  where all the local societies will be able to showcase themselves. We plan to have a small marque up with information on the society and also demonstrate observing through the solar telescope. It should be a great day, with lots to do. It's free, starts at 12pm and finishes at 4pm.

Members' help on the day talking to visitors or demonstrating scopes would be greatly appreciated. Please see me at the meeting tomorrow or mail me.

There is to be an evening observing session afterwards.  Some of us are going for an informal gathering to refuel between sessions at the large pub/steak house on the Green Street Green roundabout- name escapes me. All welcome

Carole

I think The Royal Oak was the one suggested.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Carole

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Sue

Sue

Thanks to all members who came yesterday and all their help.

We had a lot of interest from the public despite almost continuous cloud cover. A few were lucky enough to glimpse the sun through the scopes. Having our display material  inside a nice dry the marquee during the showers was an excellent attraction : )