• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 20 - 22 Feb 2015

Started by Carole, Feb 06, 2015, 08:50:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

It was clear when I came home last night, but fairly horrible here this morning (just enough snow to show up on the grass, then sleet and rain). I hope the weather gets better later, 'cos I'm due to be helping get a radio station up and running, and that'll mean being outside putting up an antenna...

Mike

Must be very local snow spot. Paul says the same at his location. Yet there is no snow here and all around you:

http://www.ukweathercams.co.uk/

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

It's all over now.  We had 15 minutes of heavy snow.  It was settling on the ground but has all melted now.

Mark

The Thing

No snow here, just cloud and the occasional shower. Looking good for tonight though :)

Fay

I am half setup on the patio, must try and get that comet tonight, before too late. 
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
I am half setup on the patio, must try and get that comet tonight, before too late.

Good luck!  Hope the sky clears.

Fay

thanks Mark, looking dubious at the moment
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Lovely Moon and Venus tonight!

I was just about to open the observatory roof but checked the rainfall radar and saw a heavy shower heading my way which will hit in 30 minutes .

Heavy snow, rain, and hopefully clear sky - what a day!

Mark

MarkS

The only rain in the whole of Kent and it's over me :(

Carole

It's clear here. 

Ivor said he went cross country walking today and it was really squelchy underfoot, so we definitely made the right decision.

Carole

MarkS

Yes - it's very squelchy indeed.  I've just slipped on the mud outside - luckily didn't hit the ground.  3 inches of rain in the last 7 days.