• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC6888 with a few problems

Started by RobertM, Jul 12, 2009, 10:47:01

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

I's lost a bit of resolution with the collimation being out and there was stiction on the RA axis due to the worm being too tight on the wheel which resulted in periodic jumps in RA.  I wasn't going to post this but there seems to be a bit of a drought of images at the moment so here it is.

10 x 5 min subs SXV-H9 Astronomic 13nm Ha filter on Skywatcher 190MN guided SXV guider on a converted 50mm finderscope.

RA is now sorted as is hopefully the collimation so next time might be better.

Robert

Daniel

Still a lovely image Robert, I get that RA jump problem sometimes myself too, mostly when I've got the C14 on the mount, although it's been a lot better since I got the mount fixed, just a shame the collimation on the hyperstar is so messed up right now.

Daniel
:O)

RobertM

Noticed last night that the filter wheel wasn't turning as the RS232 cable had come loose from the USB2 converter!  This was therefore done with the luminance filter, no wonder I didn't think it looked quite right !

I't probably the same problem with your mount i.e. the RA worm not mating correctly with the wheel.  Collimation and the fussy nature of the optics was something that put me off Hyperstar; that's why I bought the MakNewt.