• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 21st to 23rd November

Started by Mike, Nov 11, 2014, 21:31:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

There is a Deep Sky Camp planned for 21st to 23rd November. Just wondering if anyone is planning on going?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I'm currently planning on going.  Though if the forecast is 60mph wind and rain, it might put me off :(

The Thing

I would love to be going but it looks like I'll have to be in France.

Carole

I'm doing a concert on the Friday evening and Saturday afternoon, so can't see me getting myself to DSC.  Where is it "just in case".

Carole

julian

ApophisAstros

also wondering where its going to be as rother valley is closed till march 2015
roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Fay

a few ifs and buts at the moment........................

if weather was going to be good and it was at Cairds (hut) it would be good, but dont fancy putting tent up for two nights in this weather
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rick

There's the extra meeting this evening which will be a good opportunity for interested folk to sort something out, I guess...

Fay

has the site for DSC been sorted out yet?

Carole

Quotehere's the extra meeting this evening which will be a good opportunity for interested folk to sort something out, I guess...
Mike wasn't at the meeting Fay, so I guess not.

I now definitely can't come as I forgot I have something on Sunday as well, so that's me out completely. 

The Thing

Well now I can come... Cairds Farm?

Fay

duncan pleased to hear from you. i have been trying to get message out to arrange cairds, but my computer has a problem and am now on laptop. i will go if it is cairds and i will enquire about a hut. i do have other arrangements on saturday but will cancel them if dsc is on and think we need some camerarderie

MarkS

Forecast is not looking promising.  I need to decide by tomorrow night so I can get my stuff together.  If there is no chance of imaging then I'm going to stay at home and do something useful.

Mark

Fay

Yes big band of rain en-route. we will have to know by tomorrow as I will ring the farm and say we wont be along. we can always arrange a UDSC in the next couple of weeks if a good weekend comes along. 

MarkH

OK if all else fails and no dsc happens .... and then the weather forecast is wrong... gasp shock horror... never this http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=9963.0 is still a last minute option. I will follow the cloud radar throughout the day and if there is a 50 % chance of clear spells we will go ahead. Some good real ales and BBQ as well.